/* */

October 05, 2006

Egg A Meal!



















Today was one of those days when I was craving for something spicy ( I can hear R say," what today, you crave for something everyday") Aw well, so be it.
I started browsing on the web and happened to find this website of pakistani dishes and decided to give this recipe a try
http://www.angelfire.com/country/fauziaspakistan/eggbiryani.html

I followed the recipe to the T, except for the Kopra as I did not have some, but it did not feel like I missed anything. R loved this biryani, it was hot and tasted great.

I served it along with Raitha and fried eggs. I added grated carrots, chopped onions, salt, pepper,cilantro and yogurt for the raitha.

I had two left over boiled eggs and so sliced them and in a hot pan with two teaspoons of oil, added some mustard seeds,uradh dhal, salt, pepper,chilli powder and turmeric powder, after a few seconds add the sliced eggs and let it brown on both sides. It turns out crisp on the outside and soft in the inside ( I removed the yellow of the egg for health reasons). All in all a hearty meal and I should now work out..bye folks!