/* */

June 15, 2008

Kufli Made Easy


A slice of heaven in my mouth, an elegant dance of flavors, that is how I feel with every spoonful of kulfi.You can tell now, what it does to me :)

As a child, I would beg my parents for the road side Kulfi only to be vehemently refused. So I decided try this at home and here is my version, it is real easy. I post this recipe just in time for the hot summer days when kids want something cold, so here you go...

Whole Milk - 5 cups
Condensed Milk - 1 can
Heavy Cream - 1 cup
Saffron - a small pinch
Cardamom - 3 pods, powdered finely
Pistachios - 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
Almond - 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
Rose water - 1/4 cup



  • Heat whole milk in a pan and let it simmer until it reduces to approximately three cups.

  • Add saffron and cardamom when the milk simmers.

  • Switch off the stove and let the milk cool down completely.

  • Stir in the rest of the ingredients and let it chill in the fridge for a little while and then use your ice cream maker.

  • OR you can pour the content in a stainless steel dish,cover and freeze overnight.


If you try this recipe at home, let me know how you like it.

Labels: ,