/* */

June 24, 2008

Nupur's Pav Bhaji & Pav from scratch!


Nupur's blog is one of the first blogs I visited when I just started. This is one of the 1st recipes I have tried and many more. Nupur, you are truly an inspiration.Zlamushka has started a wonderful event called Tried and tested and dish goes to her and to Sia for Street Food MBP

Nothing else says Street food more than Pav Bhaji. Let me tell you a little secret, my dad would refuse to let us have them from the street carts. While my sisters could sneak out with friends and enjoy Pav Bhaji, I was too little to go on my own with friends.My earliest memories of Pav Bhaji is watching the guy mashing the bhaji on a huge tava( Round iron pan). The tak tak tak sound of mashing the potato was music to my ears. Now here is a secret, hope appa is not reading this :).


Amma would let us have pav bhaji for dinner when appa had to travel out of town on work. We would eagerly wait for that one dinner that we would get rarely. My sisters and mom made it at home, but nothing like standing next to a stall, enjoying the music, drool while others are eating and wait impatiently for your turn. A dollop of butter on the top with freshly chopped onions..aha I drool again!

I followed Nupur’s recipe and made no changes. I made the paav from scratch and it is real easy guys. For the recipe click here. When you think Mumbai, or what the heck, just crave street food, try making Pav Bhaji at home and you will not be disappointed.


Labels: , ,